Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day and a Mansion

I'm enjoying some of the flowers I purchased for my photo shoots last Friday. Can't wait to get those images! These really cheer me up on my bathroom vanity.  I guess I got my roses a little early for Valentine's???  



I was at a party this weekend and in this lovely home were lots of really personal touches and collections.  This was so sweet, I asked if I could snap a pic to share here.



Family wedding invitations of several generations in lovely frames mounted in a small hallway. 
Happy Valentine's Day!


This was on the local news last night! You have to see! A tour of this palatial estate in The Woodlands.


http://curbed.com/archives/2011/01/27/columned-colossus-proves-everything-bigger-in-texas.php

Anyone want to buy and let me help bring it up to date with a great remodel?????  :)

9 comments:

Interior Design Musings said...

I just finished a shoot too! I have the images back and I'm dying to put them on my website but wondering if I should hold off and see if I can possible get a feature in a local magazine. Carla, would love your thoughts on this!! M.

Splendid Sass said...

Wow! That is some house, Carla! Would also love to get a job that big! Your roses are beautiful. I love white and fellow roses.
Hope that you have a Happy Valentine's Day!
Teresa
xoxo

designchic said...

And just a mere 19 million...maybe you should buy it and remodel it, Carla. Love the invitation idea. My daughter framed all of her party invitations from her wedding and has them in their bedroom and they are such a beautiful reminder of this happy time!!

design elements said...

wow for the house! lovely greetings

Maria

Jessie said...

The roses are gorgeous!

Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day celebration!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Kellie Collis said...

What a beautiful mansion! Enjoy the lovely day, Kellie xx

Ann said...

Lovely flowers you've got there.

And that mansion looks really interesting, so huge and looks like it has many lovely spaces inside. I will go check it out.

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Carla, Wouldn't that be fun to redesign this place. We could do some real damage here! Sign me up!

Interior Design Musings said...

Carla,
I am so appreciative for you advice. Thank you! M.

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds or to create a website.