Monday, February 13, 2012

Color - Jewel Tone Richness

I went to see Riverdance last night, again.  This is their final national tour and I loved it so much some 12 years ago when I saw it I knew I wanted to see it again when it came to the Houston Hobby Center. This time I was really inspired by the rich jewel tone colors in all the costumes and backdrop. 












Padraic Moyles - He was a-ma-zing by the way!


Since then, I've had these colors on my mind and found some great interior images to share.  These are not your mama's jewel tones!  These spaces are alive and so up to date with dark color and moody richness.


Remodelista blog


thenester.com


Elle Decor




Iain Halliday - Elle Decor




Maison Francaise via lotus and fig blog





Elle Decor




I'm leaning the peacock blue direction these days.

Rich color is  always  personal and  never  boring.


5 comments:

Splendid Sass said...

Carla, I love peacock blue too. It is such a rich tone of blue, and it melds well with almost everything.
I know that you enjoyed the show. Such talent.
Have a nice evening.
Teresa
xoxo

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

How fun!...and love all the color. Invigorating! Happy Valentines Day, Carla. XO, Mona

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Carla, the colors are beautiful. Have a good time...

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Can't even imagine living with a pink kitchen. Yikes. The other images, though -- love 'em!

Seema Persaud, H&H Web Promotions Editor said...

Colette's peacock blue living room has been such a hit with our readers! Please feel free to link back to us at houseandhome.com, and you can see another shot from the living room here: http://houseandhome.com/design/photo-gallery-colette-van-den-thillarts-london-home

Cheers,

Seema

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds or to create a website.