Friday, February 17, 2012

How Long Are Your Curtains?

Do you like them to sweep just above the floor?


Jamie Herzlinger via apartmenttherapy blog


Jonathan Adler  - House Beautiful

Amanda Nesbit - House Beautiful


John Peixiniho - House Beautiful


lonnymag.com via pinterest



A long puddle of fabric at the end?



roomseventeenstyle blog



designsponge

alexandracampbellinteriors blog



Or just 1-2" extra for a break in the panel?



Barry Dixon - House Beautiful


Like a man's trouser at his shoe. 

To help give the panel some fullness and make it stand out a bit. 


intrigue and inspire blog


Suzanne Kasler - House Beautiful



Mimi Masri - Traditional Home

Jeffrey Bilhuber - House Beautiful

Kay Douglass - House Beautiful


Kay Douglass - Veranda



I'm preferring the break these days on projects.
I think it gives body and fullness and makes it seem as if the draperies have movement. 

What do you prefer?








8 comments:

Tatiana Doria said...

Always 1-2´´ extra or even long, but never never never, above the floor.
Great post and great examples.

www.tatianadoria.blogspot.com

Splendid Sass said...

I like a little extra at the bottom, but not all bunched up unless it is a bedroom.
Beautiful images, Carla. Makes me think.
Happy Friday.
Teresa
xoxo

Kathy said...

I like mine to sweep the floor, just barely touch the floor. Beautiful images!

Kellie Collis said...

It depends on my mood but I'd like it more when there is a little fabric lying on the floor. Looks so grand. Have a glamourous weekend, Kellie xx

Stacy CUrran said...

I have to say I like them to just hit the floor. I think it's because I get a little OCD if they are not hanging completely straight, so the break would bug me!
Stacy

quintessence said...

I like them with a little break unless it is a very dressy room with a flowing silk curtain and then the puddle is ok with me!!

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

I like them to just kiss the floor most of the time, unless I want a more romantic look. I love that Veranda image with the emerald drapes. How stunning!

Tammy@InStitches said...

Very pretty images ! I think they all have a place but breaking is my personal favorite.

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds or to create a website.