Sunday, October 9, 2011

Still Loving Emerald


Peter Dunham - Veranda

I'm still loving touches of emerald green or kelly green in interiors. I've posted on this color HERE and HERE and it still keeps catching my eye.  Maybe I'm becoming obsessed??  I love the way these designers used it in their rooms in the House of Windsor.  Doesn't that green just draw your eye in to the space?


Candace Barnes - Veranda




Martin Lawrence Bullard - Veranda

Anyone who was working in design in the 70's and 80's remembers these de Sede sofas.  They're kind of like a wrinkled dog.  So ugly they're beautiful????  Definitely perfect in this media room. 

Okay, back to COLOR. Doesn't the green just give this space life?


Kate Spade ads always have such great color. Emerald green is often used.




Eye Candy!!!!





Rue Magazine

So luxurious! 





Kay Douglass - Veranda

I'm totally obsessed with this project.  The green draperies just give so much drama and color to this interior. 

I haven't had a client who would go there yet, I'm waiting for the right one!

10 comments:

Jessie said...

That last picture with the emerald curtains is such a show stopper! I always see this room around blogland but it's my personal favorite! Alright, I will admit it. I actually have green curtains in my living room so I am very partial to them! lol

Have a lovely Sunday, Carla!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Hill Country House Girl said...

All of the images are beautiful, but that green velvet sofa with the box pleats is to die for! Lovely, lovely post!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Carla-
I love emerald green too! The last two images are my favorites. That green tufted sofa; love!
Have a nice Sunday and than k you for sharing.
Teresa
xoxo

Kate said...

Those green curtains are AMAZING--love them! Never would have thought to put that color there, but it is so gorgeous!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Oh gosh, me too! I think it's the most perfect shade of green there is - and I do love them all! Just awesome, Carla!

quintessence said...

Normally not my favorite green but you just might be changing my mind - beautiful examples!!!

Anonymous said...

fun to see a splash of the beautiful shade of green showing up in fabulous designs...this color is fresh and fabulous..
best,
maureen

Kellie Collis said...

Such a gorgeous color! So rich and classy. Have a delightful day, Kellie xx

designchic said...

I so agree...the first image with the hint of green from the desk and the last image with the fabulous draperies...love them!!

Kathysue said...

Carla I am with you on this one. I am still trying to figure out where I can inject just a touch of this color in my home. Maybe just one painted piece!? Kathysue

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds or to create a website.