Thursday, October 27, 2011

Going from Drab to Fab


Look at this juicy color palette I'm working with for a dining room project.  It's so fresh and colorful! We're doing a jute rug, the ikat on the chair seats, the large suzani print on the curtain panels, and some luscious wall color.  The homeowner loves color and wants a younger, fresher, vibe in her often used dining room.  She's lived overseas and has collected colorful pottery from everywhere.  I thought her dining room should reflect her love for the color and pattern that attracts her eye. Here's some of her collection.





This was the project where a dinner party started it all!

The "Before"



Remember?




During a dinner at this house one night not too long ago.......one particular friend, well I guess it was several friends, decided the border had been there long enough. 



One piece was saved as a memory!


 
  Everything is on order and will be ready for Christmas!



9 comments:

Jessie said...

I really love all the bright and beautiful fabrics you have picked. This is going look fabulous. I can't wait to see the transformation.

Have a lovely day, Carla!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Splendid Sass said...

She does have an amazing collection! Can't wait to see the end result!
Teresa
xoxo

My Notting Hill said...

That looks like a great dinner party - food, wine and ripping down wallpaper that needs to go. My husband and I once knocked down a pony wall between our DR and LR that way. Love all the color -saw alot of that at High Point.

quintessence said...

So funny how it started!! Looks like a beautiful start. Look forward to seeing the progression!!

Tammy@InStitches said...

I love that Suzani fabric and ripping down the border at dinner, sounds like something I would do !

Deb's mind said...

Love Love Love the fabric. And how fun to have everyone join in and help get the project going. I can't wait for the reveal!! Carla thanks so much for being so supportive on my blog. I put a link on my blog to your blog because you are my all time top referring site for traffic. Thanks so much...and someday when I come to Houston we need to meet in person!!

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Love the way it started..how fun. Beautiful fabrics. Can't wait to see the final. Happy Saturday. Mona

Anonymous said...

wow...what fabulous colors and love the pottery...can't wait to see the results...
love a party where your guest help redecorate!!...
best,
maureen

Hill Country House Girl said...

Oh Diane, I love the fabrics and your plan for her dining room! Please, please, please post pictures as soon as it comes together! I wish I had the ability to put window treatments of similar fabrics in my house - they will be gorgeous!

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds or to create a website.