Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dining Room Update...After the Party

This client had wanted an update in her dining room for a long time, but with minimal major purchases.  No new table, chairs, or chandelier (she did the chandelier a few years before). It had been decorated by the previous homeowner, very tan colored, and that definitely did not reflect her style and personality. She did not want to paint or refinish the traditional furniture, but she had been talking about fresh wall color and window treatments for a looooong time. 

So long in fact, that one night at dinner, her friends grew tired of waiting for her to tear down that dated border and took things into their own hands






Flamestitch - remember that??







Well, ahem....a little wine was involved. 

This client is a friend of mine and we had done her kitchen some six years before.  She collects all kinds of pottery and glass.  She loves color and wanted a more youthful look while keeping the traditional furniture that she had used through the years. We started with a plan

Textural rug, large scale pattern, juicy color and some of her gorgeous glass on the table.







Much more fun!


 After images by Miro Dvorscak

15 comments:

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Very pretty Carla. It looks great!

Tammy@InStitches said...

Wow, what a big difference ! I remember the first post, it's nice to see the after.

Splendid Sass said...

Carla!
I cannot believe the difference! Not the same room. GORGEOUS. Love the green.
So funny because I had that same flamestitch. Were those Thomasville chairs by any chance? My chairs are Queen Anne.
What a trasformation.
Happy Thursday.
Teresa
xoxo

An Urban Cottage said...

Holy cow, I thought that was an inspiration photo! What a great update! Goes to show the power of some paint and fabric. I love how that ikat looks on those traditional chairs. Nice job.

Glamour Drops said...

Which all goes to prove the powerful, and really inexpensive, influence of paint colour! No faster way to change a room - and what a result. This is gorgeous. The colour brings out the richly wonderful tones on that lovely dining table. Your lucky friend to have you as a friend. I hope you have got to enjoy dinner in this beautiful room since it has been finished! x

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Now THAT is my kinda party! Although...I would have to have put the lampshade on my head!

GREAT makeover, girl!! Whooo!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Super pretty and fresh. I wish I had been there for the wall paper removal party!

Jessie said...

Fabulous makeover, Carla! The green paint, the beautiful curtains and fabrics really freshen things up!

Well done!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love it and y'all made it fun.

TWG said...

I love my new dining room! I just want to "crunch" on all that fabulous color! Everyone who walks into my house is in awe...even my kids, who are in their twenties with little interest in houses at this stage in their lives, thought the room seemed so much bigger and has so much "pop"...it was so nice getting rid of those old drapes..like going on a diet and losing 50lb, but way more fun! The paint brings everything together without that matchy matchy thing that can be so boring. The red and turquoise Ikat on the chairs just work! Thank you Carla!! Another wine party in the master bath?

Unknown said...

TWG, I can't believe you finally came to my blog!!! So glad to see you here! I love your dining room too. The fabrics are delicious!!!

SHERRY HART said...

Be u ti ful!!! Carla...this is a great update!!

Cfrosty said...

Carla, That is absolutely stunning. Love all the colors. I really need a drool cloth when I look at your blog!

Cfrosty said...

Carla, What beautiful room. I love all the colors. I'm going to need a drool cloth when coming to your blog.

Sharon @ mrshinesclass said...

oh, WOW! I love that new wall color...and the window treatments...you've got me thinking about my dining room walls now...

Sharon @ mrs. hines class

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds or to create a website.