Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award and My Favorite Images



Julie and Danni of TGInteriors blog passed the Versatile Blogger award to me and 14 other fabulous blogs.  I want to thank them for this and use this opportunity to let them know that I'm having trouble posting comments on their blog! When I try to use my Google account, it comes up saying I can't access my account, even though I can use it on any other blog for some reason.  I don't know what's wrong, but since I'm having a problem posting a  thank you or any other comment on their blog, I want to let them know this publicly..... THANK YOU, LADIES!  Everyone should visit their blog for some beautiful design inspiration.

If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong or why I can't seem to post, let me know please!  This is so frustrating!


Now, as part of the award, I must list 15 blogs that I enjoy.  There's so many and some of my faves I've mentioned in the Stylish Blog award I received HERE.  Here's some other great blogs that I read and think you should check out as well.


Now, for seven things about me, also dictated by the award, you can read them HERE in the Stylish Blog award post.

 On this post I thought I'd share 7 of my all time favorite images of interiors.  These are all rooms that made me stop and take a breath and just marvel in the things that were done right on these projects.  These are images where the final feel or ambience of the room speaks to me in an extraordinary way.  It was not about individual elements, but how the designers or "conductors" of these symphonies pulled it all together to create beautiful visual music.  Enjoy!



Jamie Drake - House Beautiful, May 2001

This is just drop dead gorgeous.  My #1 All Time Favorite.  The color, the drama, the ottoman and the draperies to the sky...I love it.  Do you see the date, 2001?  How timeless is this?  This is what it's all about.



Thomas Jayne - Architectural Digest, July 2011

Such gorgeous, traditional architectural features and then that colorful parsons table. It just brings it all right up to today.



Abby Rizor - House Beautiful, September 2008

An incredible ambience is created  here....I can just feel the breeze.




Victoria Pearson - House Beautiful, August 2008

The art is the star here.  I love that it's oversized and not centered in the room.




Jeffrey Bilhuber - House Beautiful, September 2008

What a great mix of furnishings and lovely color palette.  Love the boxy shapes and those horn cups on the mantel!





Jay Griffith - House Beautiful, June 2008

The instruments on the mantel are just perfect.  Great shapes and materials laid together to form a brilliant impromptu collage.  Can't you just see a great party here with someone picking up that guitar and playing all night?  I love the mix of mid-century modern with the Morroccan table.





Kelly Van Patter, House Beautiful, June 2009

I've always loved this Crate and Barrel table.  What a perfect setting for it. The contrast to the painted wood paneling really sets it off.  Those white ostrich eggs and the antlers...just the right touch of nature.

There are so many more. I'm a bit obsessed with interiors!  As I should be since I do this for a living. 

I'm doing a photo shoot of a project this week, can't wait.  It's a whole house remodel project I worked on for over 1 1/2 years. I'll share some later this week!

8 comments:

Donna said...

Your so sweet for thanking your faves. We thank you to!

Anonymous said...

congratulations on receiving the award...and I love your style and the interiors that you've selected as your all time favorites...
best,
maureen

Splendid Sass said...

Love the Thomas Jayne dining room. My favorite of all time. Congratulations on your award! So deserved, Carla.
I have been having trouble too, Carla. The complaint forum looks like the "Forum of Teresa" forum! Put your complaint there. Some may respond.
Have a nice day, and thank you for sharing.
Teresa
xoxo

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

I thank you too for recognizing your favorites. You are so deserving of this award. I learn something from you every time I visit. Have a great week. Mona

Stacy CUrran said...

Your blog is great and you totally deserve this!
Stacy

Kifus said...

Congratulations on your award, Carla! Love the pics, especially the Abby Rizor dining room!

Jessie said...

Congratulations on your award, Carla and thanks for forwarding the award to me, too! :)

Love the images you selected, especially the Kelly Van Patter dining room and the Jeffrey Bilhuber living room. They are both very beautiful and stylish!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

My Galveston Cottage said...

Hi Carla,

I'm so happy I made your list!! Thank you so much! I also appreciate your help with the Coast article I was working on. It came out last Sunday, and your ideas really made it all perfect!!

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds or to create a website.