Friday, June 1, 2012

Something Fun

Okay, last post I was a little down.  Sorry about that. You all were so supportive and I can't tell you how I appreciate each of you!  I just felt a big digital hug coming from blogland!

Yesterday I wanted to do something to lift our spirits around here at the studio. It was Kristen's last day and we went to lunch and then spent the afternoon making storyboards.  My new intern, Jitka, just started last week and Kristen has been getting her up to snuff on everything around here.  I wanted to make sure Jitka was comfortable with the process we'll be using to create these boards. 



I've just discovered Olioboard....and it's so much fun.  While I won't be creating a replica of a room like most users do on their site, I do like doing a collection of images arranged in a way that tells the story of the feel of the space.

I had the girls each make a board that defined a style they liked.


Kristen’s inspiration when designing a space comes from accessories and decorative items. She tends to focus on the details of the space first in order to develop an overall style and mood.  Kristen’s personal style can be described as vintage-inspired glamour. She loves mixing antiques or items with aged finishes with more modern, glamorous pieces. Her favorite things are: mirrored furniture, tufted upholstery, black mixed with metallic finishes, gilding, animal prints, and anything that has an ultra feminine appeal.




Jitka's inspiration for this look was the Parisian Jacquard Aqua fabric (top left corner), the pumpkin blush accent table (bottom right hand corner), as well as the texture on the coffee table. She likes classic pieces mixed with textural elements and lots of bold color.








I'm definitely in better spirits today!  



Looking forward to the last bit of polishing on the new website this weekend.  We're debuting on Monday!






12 comments:

Princess Kate said...

Glad to hear you are in better spirits. I'm sure the new website will bring happy days. Love both their styles. Best of luck to Kristin.

Jessie said...

Looking forward to see your new website makeover!

Have a great weekend, Carla!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

carolyn bradford said...

Carla, so glad you are having a better day! We certainly all have our cranky days! I know I do! Anyway, I've never heard of Olioboard until now and I can tell I'm going to be hooked! Once I figure it out, that is! Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!
Carolyn

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Gald to hear!! Looks like you have been having fun!
Have a great weekend, Carla.
Teresa
xoxo

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Hi Carla, glad you're feeling better, but enjoy the down days as they always bring us to the other side.

Concrete Jungle said...

Can't wait to see the new site.....love that turquoise and orange....you two will have fun!

Unknown said...

Look forward to seeing the new site!!

Donna

Mary Ann Pickett said...

So great! I was using Olioboard but they had a problem with white images...and I use a lot of white. So I went back to Power Point...but I may check into Olioboard again.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Cute last image...love the assisting going on!

Happy roll=out day manana!!

designchic said...

So excited to see your new site!!

Naz said...

Looking forward to the new site. Also glad you are feeling better.

SHERRY HART said...

It's fun to see each girls interpretation of a fav room......since I am reading backwards...I know that you are having some bugs with the site...hope it gets worked out soon....

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds or to create a website.