Monday, April 16, 2012

Furniture Arrangements - Four Chairs

Sometimes a sofa is just not right for a space.  One type of furniture arrangement I love is four (or more) upholstered chairs grouped facing each other with an ottoman or table in the middle. It is sure to make for great conversation and an intimate, cozy feel. 


Splendid Sass blog

 
Veranda - Pamela Pierce


 

Veranda - Richard Hallberg


 

Traditional Home - Henry Brown



topsy turvy blog



Veranda



Coastal Living



Traditional Home


Perfect for small square or round rooms or as a secondary seating group in a larger rectangular room.

 Can't you just see "retiring" here after a nice dinner with another couple?  Or maybe your children? A long talk, a family meeting, game playing.....such a comfy place to connect. 

What a great example of design influencing behavior


9 comments:

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

This is one of my favorite furniture arrangements for a smaller, square room. As you stated, it provides a cozy and intimate conversation area and is a great use of space.
Thanks for sharing, Carla!
~ Wendi ~

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Those are great hangout areas.

Erin~Just*Grand said...

What a lovely post! My mom was an interior designer and she had four chairs in her living room for many years. They were club chairs and they swiveled and we always made a beeline for them. She had a round pedestal coffee table that could be raised to dining height and that was a treat, to sit in those comfy chairs and dine by the fire... Thanks for reminding me....

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

I love four chars. Much more comfortable, especially for guests. I haven't seen most of these, so thanks for sharing and thanks for the mention.
Happy Monday.
Teresa
xoxo

Sharon @ mrshinesclass said...

I love this look. I saw this on Houzz recently and added to my idea book. I think it would make a perfect arrangement for a sitting room/conversation room at a party, after dinner, with friends, etc. It makes me want a house with a formal living room just so I can decorate it this way. Thanks for sharing!

sharon @ mrs. hines class

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

LOVE it! I have wanted to do this in the last two houses we have owned! Been thinking about it for my LR lately! Perfect post timing!

Woodside Park said...

Hi Carla - Thank you for posting these photos. I think this grouping works well with a round ottoman or circular coffee table. Your post is so timely as I'm thinking of 4 chairs in my small library. I currently have 2 chairs, and would love the extra seating. Loi

Taylor Greenwalt said...

love this Carla! I am going to start a pin board on this...

Kathy said...

All good! Rooms with 4 chairs always look so inviting. Makes me want to get a book and curl up.
Wonderful post.

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds or to create a website.